As part of its day to day operations, SANOFI provides access to a variety of tools and resources provided in various formats, which are destined to provide information to individuals with whom it has business interactions (patients and their relatives, participants in clinical trials, healthcare professionals (“HCPs”), users of products and services, workers, etc.) regarding its activities. Such tools and resources include the website available at www.connecting-nurses.com made available by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and to which this policy applies (hereinafter the “Website”).
In order to be able to provide such tools and references, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe may need to collect and process Personal Data (as defined in Article 5.1.2 below) of users. Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is fully committed to the protection of Personal Data and intends to provide you with all relevant information regarding the way in which Sanofi-Aventis Groupe processes your Personal Data on the Website.
You will therefore find below:
- all relevant information regarding the processing of Personal Data possibly conducted on this Website. Please note that the content of this Policy may change from time to time, for instance in case of evolution of our processes or as a result of applicable law. Should these changes be objectively substantial and affect your rights or our obligations pertaining to the protection of your Personal Data (and insofar as we have a means to contact you), we will notify you of the update by adequate means based on the information we may have collected; and
- a description of the legal instructions which apply to every Internet-user visiting this Website. In consulting this Website you undertake to respect these instructions without reservation. We advise you to consult these instructions regularly, and to verify updates, as they may be modified from time to time and without notice.
List of direct links to sections:
- Content and nature of information
- Intellectual property
- Content of information
- Links to other sites
- Nominative information and other information
- Limitations of liability
- Availability of the web site
- Pharmaceutical Products and Side Effects
- Legal framework
- Legal notice
1. About the Website
This Website, which is intended primarily for a HCP audience (but not limited to such HCPs as it is also accessible to and by patients and nurses), aims to provide visibility to the various initiatives related to the Connecting Nurses project, the goal of which is to help nurses from around the world to share their ideas, advice and innovations.
2. Intellectual property
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal and complimentary license to access and use the Website in accordance with the conditions and within the limits described in this Policy.
Apart from the license granted in the preceding paragraph, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Website and intellectual property rights associated therewith cannot be used or transferred without the prior written consent of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, or, if the relevant intellectual property rights are held by third parties, the consent of such third parties.
This Website and any and all intellectual property rights associated therewith, such as authors’ rights, copyrights, patents, trademarks, sui generis rights relating to databases, designs, layout, logos, and each of the components of the Website, including domain names, logos, know-how and all other intellectual property rights (whether registered or not) contained in this Website are protected by the applicable laws as regards intellectual property and (i) are owned by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, part of the SANOFI group, or (ii) belong to third parties and are used by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, part of the SANOFI group of companies, pursuant to an authorization of use granted by such third parties.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Affiliated Company(/ies)” means any company which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with either Sanofi- Aventis Groupe or SANOFI group, a French corporation (société anonyme) registered in the Paris Trade and Company Register under the Number B 395 030 844. For the purposes hereof, control shall mean the direct or indirect ownership of at least fifty per cent (50%) of the voting share capital of any company or the power to designate a majority of the members of its principal management body.
Any and all component and any use of the components contained in the Website shall not be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, distorted, altered, edited, downloaded, denatured, transmitted or distributed in any way whatsoever, on any medium whatsoever, in whole or in part:
- without the prior written consent (i) of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe or, (ii) of third parties if the rights over the said elements are held such third parties; and
- unless strict compliance with intellectual property and relevant property rights.
In addition, you may not, and agree not to copy or enable others to copy, decompile, decrypt, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble the Website and/or any material on the Website and/or disable a feature that could limit the use of the Website and/or material on the Website.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and/or its Affiliated Companies reserve the right to take legal action against any counterfeit of its intellectual property rights.
No derivative works of the Website or any part thereof shall be created without the prior written consent of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe.
The following statement shall appear on any and all authorized copies of whole or part of the content of the Website: “COPYRIGHT SANOFI 2019-2021. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED”.
3. Content of information
3.1 Product information
The Website is not intended to contain any information related directly or indirectly to pharmaceutical products or medical devices of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and/or of the SANOFI group of companies.
The information, notably financial information if any, provided on the Website shall not be considered as an invitation to invest. It shall not be interpreted as canvassing or public offering, and do not constitute either an offer to subscribe, purchase, or deal in shares or any other securities issued by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and/or its Affiliated Companies. It is not Sanofi-Aventis Groupe’s intention to use the Website to promote any Product, program or service of SANOFI, nor to give technical or medical advice.
However, the Website contains information relating to health, fitness, the medical domain and various kinds of unbranded medical treatment reserved exclusively for use by human beings. This is for information purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or pharmacist. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing any illness or physical problem or in order to make any medical decision based on the content presented on the Website or to prescribe or use any medication presented on the Website. You should always consult your own physician or pharmacist.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe draws your attention to the fact that financial information posted on the Site is regularly updated.
The Website is not intended as a forum for discussing products or other companies’ products. If you have a question about a Sanofi product, please visit www.sanofi.com / local presence and select your country of residence to find your local Sanofi website and office details.
This Website is not intended for the reporting of side effects associated with the use of prescription drugs. If you, or someone you know, have possibly experienced a side effect while taking:
- any Sanofi product, please send an email indicating the concerned product and the identified adverse event to your local Sanofi office. To find your local Sanofi office contact details, please visit www.sanofi.com (see “country of residence) to find the corresponding Sanofi website, to access information on the local offices of the Sanofi Group and the products marketed. You are also encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the health authority of your country; or
- any non-Sanofi product, please report such events to the relevant national authorities and/or the relevant marketing authorization holders as appropriate.
3.3 Experts’ opinions
As the case may be, expert opinions or extracts from press articles concerning a particular topic of relevance may be posted on the Website.
Such information represents only the opinions of the respective experts or of newspapers, which opinions are not necessarily those of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe. Such experts are not employees of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and do not receive any compensation from Sanofi-Aventis Groupe for the use of their opinion.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information or opinions set forth in such materials. Expert advice reflects only the personal view of that expert, and in no case shall it be regarded as the opinion or responsibility of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe.
4. Links to other sites
External third party websites and applications may be accessed from the Website via web links, hyperlinks or hypertext links. Where such external websites or applications belong to third parties not owned and/or controlled by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is not responsible for, and shall not be liable for, the content of such sites or applications. Sanofi-Aventis Groupe has no ability, either technical or legal, to monitor or control the content of such sites or applications, which remain entirely independent of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe.
Moreover, the existence of a link between the Website and an external third party website or application does not mean under any circumstances that Sanofi-Aventis Groupe endorses or approves of the content, advertising, products or other components available on or via those sites or applications, and in particular the use that may be made of it.
External third party websites may contain hyperlinks leading to the Website. Any such hyperlink shall not be installed without Sanofi-Aventis Groupe's express prior consent. In any case, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is in no way responsible for the unavailability of such external third party websites and Sanofi-Aventis Groupe does not review, control, approve, nor is it responsible for any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or accessible via those third-party sites.
5. Nominative information and other information
When operating, this Website may collect Personal Data. Should this be the case, this Article 5 shall apply.
5.1 Personal data
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is responsible for the processing of Personal Data of individuals using this website and therefore acts as the Controller:
54, rue La Boétie
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 77 40 00
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is a public company registered with the RCS of Paris under the number 403 335 938 (SIREN).
5.1.2 Reminder: what is Personal Data & Processing?
For the purposes of this Policy, Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person processed by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe in connection with the objectives and purposes defined in this Policy. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
To make things clear, it is any information that relates to an individual. Such Personal Data can take the form of:
- Basic identification information such as your name or date of birth;
- Information that can be attributed to you directly or indirectly – such as a post on a social media;
- Information which can be associated to you or your device such as, for instance, an IP address (i.e. the network address of your machine);
In this respect, the notion of “processing” designates any action that is undertaken on your Personal Data such as, for instance:
- Deletion ;
5.1.3 What Personal Data does this Website collect?
When operating, this Website may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identification data: any information which allows your identification, whether directly or indirectly such as your name or contact details (address, email address, telephone number), your job type, your company;
- Messages: you may send us enquiries using this Website;
- Professional information;
- Connection data: any information regarding your connection and access to this Website (e.g. type of machine and browser used, timestamp of your connection, IP address, pages visited, etc.), browsing history;
- Location data: information that may be provided by your machine and browser about your location if you allow such information to be shared with Sanofi-Aventis Groupe;
- Data relating to and data which may be collected by cookies: for more information about cookies, please see below.
5.1.4 For what purposes does this Website collect Personal Data?
Any processing of Personal Data must be implemented for a defined purpose. In this respect, the collection and processing of Personal Data on this Website may be conducted for the following purposes:
- To allow you to navigate this Website;
- To provide you access to online services, application and platforms; manage your online accounts (if such functionality is available);
- To provide patient support, healthcare support services, patient engagement and prescription information; claims management, including insurance claims;
- To personalize your browsing experience when using our services ; ensure that our services are presented in the way that best suits you ; understand your professional and personal interests in our content, products and services or other content and adapt our content to your needs and preferences ; present you products and offers tailored to you;
- To improve our products and services identify usage trends and develop new products and services; understand how you interact with our services; track and respond to safety concerns;
- To allow us to communicate with you; respond to your requests or inquiries; provide support for products and services; provide you with important information, administrative information, required notices; send you news and information about our products, our services, our brands, our operations.
5.1.5 On what grounds does this Website process your Personal Data?
For the purposes of this Website, your Personal Data will only processed on the basis of:
- a contractual relationship between you and Sanofi-Aventis Groupe: in such case, the processing of your Personal Data is generally necessary for the execution or the performance of the contract; this means that if you do not wish Sanofi-Aventis Groupe to process your Personal Data in that context, SANOFI may or will be obliged to refuse to enter into such contract with you or will not be able to provide the products or services covered in this contract.
- the “legitimate interest” of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe in the sense of applicable data protection law. In such a case, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe shall consider your fundamental rights and interests in determining whether the processing is legitimate and lawful.
5.1.6 How long is the Personal Data collected on this Website retained?
The Personal Data collected on this Website will be retained for the following periods, depending on the categories of Personal Data processed:
- Identification data: 24 months;
- Messages: for the time period necessary to manage our request
- Connection data : N/A as only number of clicks are computed to moderate number of connections to the Website;
- Location data : you may be asked (including when using the chatbot) to enter a location (either city or country) – such information will be retained for 24 months;
5.1.7 Who has access to Personal Data?
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe may transfer your Personal Data both internally (i.e. to employees of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and other SANOFI entities) and/or externally to third party service providers including Google Analytics and XiTi for the establishment of cumulative, anonymous statistics.
Where such internal or external transfer of Personal Data implies the transfer of your Personal Data to a country providing a lower level of protection to Personal Data than generally afforded in your jurisdiction, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided to your Personal Data by implementing adequate safeguards such as the European Standard Contractual Clauses, the SANOFI Binding Corporate Rules or asking for your prior explicit consent.
5.1.8 Your Rights: Sanofi-Aventis Groupe will ensure that you can exercise your rights pertaining to your Personal Data
To that end, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe informs you that you are entitled:
- to have access upon simple request to your Personal Data – in which case you may receive a copy of such data (if requested), unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account;
- to obtain a rectification of your Personal Data should your Personal Data be inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘right to be forgotten’);
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of Personal Data without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of legitimate interests of Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, in which case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to request a limitation of the processing of Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law;
- to receive your Personal Data for transmission from Sanofi-Aventis Groupe to a third-party or to have your Personal Data directly transferred by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe to the third-party of your choice, where technically feasible (data portability right allowed only where the processing is based on your consent).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take necessary steps to respond as soon as possible.
You may also file a complaint before a competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data. While we suggest that you contact us beforehand, if you wish to exercise this right, you should contact the competent data protection authority directly.
5.1.9 How to contact us?
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe welcomes any questions or comments you may have regarding this Policy or its implementation. Any such questions or comments should be submitted using the contact information below:
You can send any request pertaining to Sanofi-Aventis Groupe’s use of your Personal Data to our Data Protection Officer at the following email address: contact@connecting- nurses.com
5.2 The Website is not intended to receive confidential information from you.
With the exception of the aforementioned Personal Data, any information, regardless of its form – document, datum, graph, question, suggestion, concept, comment, or other – that you submit to us on the Website, shall not under any circumstances be considered confidential.
Consequently, the simple fact that you have submitted this information grants us the right to use, reproduce, distribute, modify or send said information with the aim of responding to your request.
6. Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the components and/or materials of the Website are provided "as is" and “as available” without any guarantee of any kind, whether implicit or explicit. Sanofi-Aventis Groupe makes no representation and no warranty of any kind or nature whatsoever concerning (i) the continued existence or use of the Website and (ii) any information or interpretation of information stored on, or generated by or received via the Website. Sanofi-Aventis Groupe disclaims and excludes all liability and warranties, express or implied, in law or contract related to, without limitation, merchantability, satisfactory quality, infringement of third party rights, nor fitness for a particular purpose.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe strives to the best of its ability to ensure that information published on the Website is accurate and up-to-date, and it reserves the right to correct the content of the Website at any time, without prior notice. However, Sanofi-Aventis Groupe does not offer any implicit or explicit guarantee that the information available on the Website is fully accurate, complete and up-to-date and does not undertake to update it regularly.
Further, it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that the information that you record on the Website is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe does not guarantee that the Website is free of bugs, defects or that it does not contain viruses or other elements that could damage your computer or your mobile device. You are responsible for taking the precautions necessary to prevent any contamination of the Website, in particular by one or more computer viruses, Trojan horses or any other "parasite".
- Consequently, and except for property damage resulting from gross or intentional negligence by Sanofi-Aventis Groupe, the latter declines any liability: For any imprecision, inaccuracy, error or omission as regards information provided on the Website;
- For any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party leading to the modification and/or alteration of the information and/or items provided and available on the Website;
- In a more general way, any damage, direct or indirect (including but not limited to property damage) or any loss, whether special, consequential or incidental, for any reason, regardless of its cause, origin, nature or consequences, even if Sanofi-Aventis Groupe had been aware of the possibility of such damage or loss, whether it be the result of (i) any access or inability to access the Website, (ii) the use of the Website, including any harm, damage or virus which may infect your computer system, your mobile device or any other property, and/or (iii) credit given to any information provided directly or indirectly by the Website.
7. Availability of the Website
You acknowledge that (i) it is technically impossible to provide access to the Website free from any defect and/or defaults, and that Sanofi-Aventis Groupe cannot undertake to do so, (ii) that defaults and/or defects may lead to the temporary unavailability of the Website, and that (iii) the operation of the Website may be adversely affected by events, matters conditions and/or performances outside Sanofi-Aventis Groupe’s control, such as, for example, transmission and telecommunication links between Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and you and between Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and other systems and networks.
Sanofi-Aventis Groupe and/or its suppliers may, at any time, temporarily or permanently, modify, alter or interrupt, all or part of the Website to undertake maintenance work and/or make improvements and/or changes to the Website. Sanofi-Aventis Groupe is not liable for any modification, alteration, or suspension and/or interruption of the Website.
8. Cookies Policy
8.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file stored on your computer or mobile device at the request of
your browser when you visit this Website. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your
actions or preference for a certain period of time. Most browsers allow cookies by default.
However, users can set their browsers to refuse or remove them, if they wish.
There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Permanent cookies remain on your device or computer until they expire or until you actively delete them. They enable certain information about your use to be recalled when you return to the website.
A cookie can temporarily store anonymous information about the use and users of a website.
8.2 What cookies does Sanofi-Aventis Groupe use on this Website?
Some cookies are necessary to be able to use the Website, others allow customization and optimization of the content displayed, the collection of user preferences or the monitoring of the audience of the website, website errors and the securing of its access.
If your consent is already given, the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie expiry term has not come to an end.
If you do not want our Website to install cookies on your browser, you can disable cookies on the cookie settings page or by modifying your browser settings. In this case, certain pages of the Website may not function properly.
However, if you consent to the installation of cookies and once these cookies are actually installed, the Website has access to data that identify the device, browser, operating system, browser language, country and city, date and time of the visit, the pages visited, number of pages visited, and the total time of the visit, thus monitoring your use of the Website and gathering anonymous statistical data, in order to improve the Website and its use.
8.3 Essential Cookies
These cookies are required for this Website to work, for example allowing users to remain logged into their account. Essential cookies cannot be disabled.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION||COOKIE EXPIRY TERM|
|ARRAffinity||This cookie is set by websites run on the Windows Azure cloud platform. It is used for load balancing to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session.||It expires when the session expires.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Microsoft .NET based technologies. Usually used to maintain an anonymized user session by the server. It expires when the session expires.||It expires when the session expires.|
|SC_ANALYTICS_GLOBAL_COOKIE||This cookie name is associated with the Sitecore Content Management System as is used for web analytics to identify repeat visits by unique users. Sitecore web analytics system is not activated and not used on this website, but the cookie remain generated by sitecore.||It expires after 10 years|
|connecting-nurses-l#lang||This cookie name is associated with the Sitecore Content Management System. It is used to store the context language for the website.||It expires when the session expires.|
|sxa_site||This cookie name is associated with the Sitecore Content Management System. It is used to store the identifier for a website within a multisite solution.||It expires when the session expires.|
|cookie-notification||This cookie name is used to store information about the Privacy banner appearance in the website.||It expires after 1 year.|
8.4 Performance Cookies
These cookies indirectly help improving this Website by tracking your use. This set of cookies collect information and may report Website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION||COOKIE EXPIRY TERM|
|ai_session||This cookie name is associated with the Microsoft Application Insights software, which collects statistical usage and telemetry information for apps built on the Azure cloud platform. This is a unique Anonymous session identifier cookie.||It expires after 30 minutes.|
|ai_user||This cookie name is associated with the Microsoft Application Insights software, which collects statistical usage and telemetry information for apps built on the Azure cloud platform. This is a unique user identifier cookie enabling counting of the number of users accessing the application over time.||It expires after 1 year.|
|_ga||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.||It expires after 2 years.|
|_gid||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited.||It expires after 24 hours.|
|_gat_000000000||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites.||It expires when the session expires.|
|_gat_UA-18324032-45||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites.||It expires when the session expires.|
8.5 What if you do not want cookies to be used on your browser?
You can set your browser to accept or reject all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued, to check its validity, duration and content and to periodically delete cookies.
You can also type “cookies” in your browser's help section to access the setup instructions.
For information about how to manage cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to consult the device manual.
For more information about cookies, including how they are installed and how you can manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To exercise your right to access and rectify cookie-related data, you may contact Google Inc. and XiTi.
Finally, if you decide to send an e-mail to the contact address indicated on the Website, Sanofi-aventis Group may input your contact details and any information that you submit to it, in an effort to respond to your request. Sanofi-Aventis Group will not disclose to third parties any Personal Data about yourself that you send to it by e-mail. They will be used only with the aim of responding to you as efficiently as possible.
9. Legal Framework
The Website and its content are governed by the laws of France (excluding rules on conflict of laws). Any possible litigation, dispute or claim related thereto will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Paris, France.
10. Legal notice
10.1 Site Editor
54 rue La Boetie
FR – 75008 PARIS
Tel +33 0153774000
10.2 Publishing Director
Sylvie Coumel, Director, Patient Solutions and Outcomes
10.3 Site Hosting
Microsoft Nederland B.V.
Evert van de Beekstraat 354
1118 CZ Schiphol (Amsterdam)
Microsoft Nederland B.V. is part of Microsoft Corporation,
1 Microsoft Way,
Photo credits :
- Digitashealth Agency (London, UK),
- International Council of Nurses (Geneva, Swizerland)
- Getty Images